MDS DATA CENTER INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT (DCIM)
Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) is a category of solutions which were created to extend the traditional data center management function to include all of the physical assets and resources found in the Facilities and IT domains. It helps data centers to mitigate the risk of downtime by offering real-time alerts. And to conserve energy by allowing data centers to charge back for true energy costs and pursue energy efficiency initiatives.
There are several trends driving the adoption of DCIM. These drivers include:
- Capacity Planning
- Asset Lifecycle Management
- Uptime and Availability enabler
- More efficient power and heat density cooling
- Data center consolidation and Tech Refresh
- Virtualization and cloud computing
- Increased reliance on critical IT systems
- Energy efficiency or Green IT initiatives
Monitor Temperature, Humidity, Physical Security, The most common environmental threat in any server room or wiring closet is heat. Detect critical alert in facility security, and receive notifications when problems occur.